The Office of Students' Affairs takes pleasure in introducing a very new and innovative sports programme - The Integrated Sports Training Programme (ISTP). This programme is primarily aimed at:
- Motivating students towards pursuing sports as an extra-curricular activity.
- Identifying sports talent among students.
- Nurturing talented students by providing the necessary training for participation in inter-collegiate and other sports events, like the annual Inter-IISER Sports Meet (IISM).
This programme has been divided into two levels:
- Level 1 will be offered in the first semester of every academic year. Please note that students are required to fulfil the requirements of this level in order to qualify for participation the inter-IISER sports meet. However, clearing this level does not guarantee selection. Only the best students who display outstanding talent and commitment will be shortlisted by the coaches for the meet.
- Level 2 will be a more advanced training programme that will be offered in the second semester of each academic year. This level will require the completion of Level 1 as a pre-requisite.
The programme has been specially designed to make the pursuit of sports a very enjoyable and fulfilling experience for the students. The other details regarding the programme are available in the attached document. We encourage you to read through the document carefully.