This code of conduct pertains to the responsible usage of the mess facility inside the institutes's premises by all its individuals.Appropriate action will be initiated against all individuals upon violation of any component of this code.
- Since the mess facility is a part of the student hostel, all users should strictly adhere to the hostel rules and regulations.
- All students residing in hostels must register as regular boarders to the associated mess facility.
- The mess facilities are made available only to the registered boarders and valid guests, who comprise institute community members with valid ID cards, and guests accompanying them (up to 3 per member). In case of larger parties (up to 10 guests), a booking request may be made with the SCMM Committee a day in advance, but the committee reserves the right to turn down the request if not viable.
- There is an upper limit on the number of valid guest users who can dine in the mess facility during any meal decided by the SCMM Committee. The mess staff reserve the right to turn down additional users in accordance with this limit.
- Coupons for valid guest users will be available for purchase (at rates prescribed by the SCMM Committee) at the entrance to the mess facility only during the meal. Coupons will not be available for purchase in advance.
- The timings of the mess facility should be respected.
- Sharing of food inside the mess facility is strictly prohibited.
- Inordinate wastage of food items at the mess facility is a punishable offence.
- Taking utensils outside the mess facility is not permitted.
- An orderly queue has to be formed while waiting for food to be served or for the water filter, and also while putting away used utensils.
- Keeping used glasses on top of either the water filters, water-coolers, or any other place other than the disposal tub, is strictly prohibited.
- The food provided by the facility is only for consumption within the premises of the mess. The usage of lunch boxes/ tiffin boxes to take food from the mess is strictly restricted to registered boarders who are sick.
- Negotiations, confrontations, or arguments with the mess staff should be avoided in all situations. Any issues regarding the mess must be brought to the attention of the SCMM Committee.
- A feedback register is available at the mess hall. Students are requested to record their complaints on the register.
- With the exception of mess committee members, the mess faculty advisor, and the wardens, no other mess users are allowed to enter the mess kitchen.
- Mess users are prohibited from keeping their bags, handbags, satchels, or any other personal belongings on the mess tables.
- Entering the mess with lab-coats or other protective lab gear is strictly prohibited.
- All residents of the hall are required to join the mess from the date of their registration in respect of registered students and from the date on which permission has been granted to stay in the hall by the MFA.
- A residents, desirous for applying for mess rebate, will be required to inform the Mess Manager at least 2 (two) days in advance in the prescribed form.
- Rebate can be applied for a period of minimum of 03 (three) consecutive days. For a period exceeding 05 (five) days, applications should be forwarded by the MFA.
- No residents, who are on rebate, will be allowed to avail to mess facility on the basis of extras or as a guest of other residents.
- Full (100 %) rebate is admissible to a member in the following cases :
(i) He/she is on medical or vacation leave from the Institute. The rebate period will include Institute holidays, and Saturday / Sunday falling before or after the leave.
(ii) He/she is out of station for academic or Institute work (duly certified by authorities).
(iii) He/she is unable to take mess food for health reasons as certified by a medical Officer of the Health Centre of the Institute.
(iv) Clauses (i), (ii) and (iii) are applicable at all times during the year including summer time / vacation mess. Applications for rebate under these clauses shall be submitted to the Warden.
(v) Except in the case of undergraduate students proceedings on vacation during the official Institute vacation periods, clauses (i) and (ii) must be supported by documentary evidence from the concerned department or Institute i.e. from the supervisor / DPGC convener / HOD / Project coordinator.
- Rebate will be given only if the residents enter on the sheet one day before leaving (taking last meal). However, if he has been unable to do so and leaves the campus due to emergency reasons, intimation must reach the Warden or the Wardens office in writing and rebate will be granted from the date when this information reaches the Warden.
- A resident who is found eating in the mess when under rebate without a coupon will be subject to a fine of Rs.1000/- (Rupees Five Hundred Only). The fine shall be credited to the SCMM funds.
- Rebate rules are also applicable to day boarders (outside members) permitted by the Warden(s) to eat in the Hall mess.
- The above rebate rules shall be uniformly applicable to all mess members, including non-residents..
- In addition, undergraduate students are entitled to 100% rebate throughout vacation periods when they vacate the hostel room.
- No extra item is allowed to be prepared in the mess for any function other than the hall concerned activities.
You may apply for a rebate using this form